Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Book review - Tapasya by David Gilchrist

I suggested this book at Christmas, when I bought it. It looked intriguing, but life got in the way, and I have only just finished it. I give it a solid 5 stars.

World-building must be the most difficult part of being a fantasy writer. To take a blank page, and through a narrative, paint a picture which allows the reader to “see” the world in which a story takes place is amazing. In Tapasya, David Gilchrist shows mastery at world-building. I found it intriguing and delightful to read this story. The tale opens and each page illuminates more of the fabric of this mysterious place and its people. His descriptions gave me detail which allowed me to immerse myself in this story. I could not ask for more from a book. Independent Authors with a good narrative style are difficult to find. David Gilchrist is certainly a treasure in this regard. If you are looking for a fantasy tale to keep you intrigued, and wondering what comes next, get a copy of Tapasya today. You will not be disappointed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me get to

Alright, here goes. This is a little scary to me, in all candor, but I am doing it anyway. One of my greatest hopes is that my stories wil...